Thursday, May 11, 2006

this one's for you, Bradi!


My dear friend Bradi requested a picture of me in my "blue blockers", the required uniform of Lasik patients. " ) Love ya, Bradi! That big smile I have....yeah, that's part "I'm so happy I don't have to wear glasses anymore" and "wow, this valum is some good stuff!"

The surgery went well. I think I spent more time in the waiting room than I did actually getting the surgery done. I think that I spent 5 minutes total on the surgery "table". I didn't see very well when I was finished, although I could see a small difference. I kept trying to read billboards and street signs all the way home....and I could actually read some things! I was just a little disappointed that I didn't see a huge difference and thought it'd be just my luck for this surgery NOT to work on me. After the rational part of my brain began working again, I realized that my eyes will need to heal and I'll begin seeing a gradual difference. And sure enough......after my nap, I awoke to a new world! I could actually see!! So..in sum, I would HIGHLY recommend this surgery to any spectacle wearing friend of mine!

2 comments:

Bradi said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!
For a second I thought I was seeing a rerun of "Newlyweds" when Jessica got lasik!
I'm totally peeing my pants picturing you stumbling around doped up on Valium with those Foxy glasses on. What a champ. I'm VERY interested in your results. Might have to talk Brad into splurging for me...Would love to be rid of specs & contacts forever!
Love you too and thanks for the shout out! =)

Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert said...

You should talk to Brad about doing it! It's quite a bit of money, but it's so worth it! We'll be broke for a while, but what else is new? lol I reached for my specs this morning when I got up, then I thought to myself "I don't need them anymore!!". I actually broke them in half when I was on my way home from surgery yesterday " ) I was still high....lol