Thursday, April 26, 2007

i have a new toy

Happy Birthday Tyler!
Love, Grandma Nichols









Arrrrgggg Matey!



Look what I made at school today!

I was suprised a couple of weeks ago when Jim presented me with a new toy. It is something that I have always dreamed of getting, but knew it would be quite a while before I would ever be able to afford. I would rant and rave at others who had this very same item (or similar) anytime I had the chance...... the pictures above were taken with my new toy. I couldn't hardly believe it when Jim gave me the camera! It is a Canon XTi Rebel Digital Camera. The camera has two lenses that I can switch out, with three additional lens covers for different types of pictures. Oh boy, if this isn't a photographers dream, I don't know what is! (Well, a novice photographer any ways!)
I am still learning how to operate the camera besides just "point and shoot". I certainly have quite a bit to learn.... In the meantime, I have began to post previous photos on a website that allows other, more experienced, photographers to comment and review my photos. So far I am rated a five start (excellent)!! With any luck, I can turn this into a part time job!


...stranded...

2 comments:

Bradi said...

Wow!!!!!
Awesome pic of the boat!
Can I have it blown up and in black and white for my parents condo?
Lucky Lucky girl with the new camera. Can't wait to see your future pics!

Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert said...

If you're serious...I can make that happen!