Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the best deal EVER

During my 45 minute commute to/from work each day I kind of put myself on auto pilot - a lot. Well, one day I noticed this boat sitting in the parking lot of the credit union across from the Navy base. I didn't think too much of it, really - that is, until my friend proposed that I find out what the deal is with the (awesome) party boat. Turns out a girl I work with knows a girl who works at the credit union (we all know each other from the spouses group....but that's too confusing to try and link all of us together - I'm trying to keep it simple ;) and she calls to ask her what the deal is on the boat. Come to find out, it's a REPO - a 2007 boat, trailer, and motor - the asking price: $11,840 Negotiable. Oh, I'm ALL about negotiations and getting things for a steal!





(By the way....Jim and I had been talking about getting a bigger boat for several months now and have been keeping out eyes peeled for good deals)





To make a long story short......I fought off two other people, raced my butt into the credit union (during work), and filled out the loan papers for WAY BELOW market value! And, I got a FABULOUS rate to boot!!











Jim knew nothing about my purchase - we put an offer in on the boat but was outbid initially - that was the last he knew of the situation. I think he was pretty happy to see her sitting in front of our house when he got home from work!











Check her out!!


This was my attempt to show the F22's flying all around us (it's like this everyday - we love it!)



Tyler took this shot from the boat -- at first this dolphin was slapping his tail on the surface of the water....we pulled up near where we saw him, turned off the engine, and the next thing you know, this is what we see!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great steal on the party bardge!

The Coon-Dog