Wednesday, October 15, 2008

reflection

I have recently received a visit from a life-long friend; a friend that I haven't seen in 18-20 years. We met in Kindergarten or First grade, we can't remember which (when you get in your 30's and have kids of your own, you'll relate ;) Her name is Angie and she is now married with children. I had not met her husband or children until last week. It was fabulous! I was so thrilled to see Angie again. I have many, many fond memories of playing with her at her home, going out to dinner with her, sneaking Vanilla Creme Faygo from her basement "stash", swimming @ the Ramblewood pool, playing Madonna records and dancing in her room, playing at the school playground, her shiny purple winter jacket (HA!), and much more.

Angie & I

I should have known better, but I was thinking that I would meet this teenager that I last saw. Angie has grown to be a beautiful woman who has aged hardly a bit! (I envy her for that, by the way lol) Her personality is still much like it used to be ~ she is fun loving, smart, and wise beyond her years; and now she is a mature, responsible wife and mother of two gorgeous kids.
I had so much fun catching up on life with Angie, getting to know her husband and children, and having her get to know my family as well. I can't wait until the next time her and her family decide to vacation in Panama City! Or....my next vacation to Georgia.... :)

Tyler, Tripp, Brie, Addison & Jayce

Addison beating up Ray Billy with her bat (don't worry, as you can see, it's filled with air!)

Tripp & Tyler

Until next time......we'll miss you!

0 comments: