Monday, April 26, 2010

weekend review

it was a great weekend. what weekend could be bad when there is no work involved? well, at least work beginning at 6am and ending at 3pm :) Jim was sweet enough to let me sleep in both days....he's awesome!

ON THE HOMEFRONT
Friday evening was spend with me sitting in front of the computer, again. I have to admit that as much as I love photography, sitting in front of the computer sorting, posting, etc. has really taken its toll on me. it hasn't been that great for the kiddos either. they don't want to play with "mom" but I had no opportunity to spend any time with them. this has led to me missing out on a pretty significant event, which I found out about a day later....

Tyler was at his friend's house and, as boys will be boys, a great idea came to mind - or what seemed like a great idea at the time. Tyler's friend apparently has a moped. are you getting a visual yet? well, the first incident happened when Tyler's friend was driving the moped, rope tied to the back of it somehow, and Tyler holding on to the end of the rope while "riding" his rip-stick. now, if you aren't sure what a rip-stick is, let me explain....it's similar to a skateboard, only it has two wheels, not four and in order to make it move you must move it back and forth with your feet and using your hips (I think....I can't ride the dang thing lol). .....CRASH...... the second event happened as Tyler was riding the moped and bit it. according to Tyler he was going 25-30 mph, but I'm doubtful about that. so what does all of this boil down to? LUMPS and bruises all over his shins, arms, and a side. I hope CPS doesn't call me today.... ......boys....wow!

I've also listed several items on craigslist last night. within the first hour of posting I had my recliner sold :) the hardest thing to sell will be my Canon XTi with all the goodies. my fingers are crossed that it will sell within the month. I love craigslist <3

SUNKISSED PHOTOGRAPHY
I chased down the UPS lady Friday afternoon in order to retrieve my new camera and equipment. little did I know that overnight deliveries arrive to your home before noon the following day. I was home from work shortly after 3pm - figures. luckily, the UPS lady was still on base delivering packages. gotta love UPS for letting me run up to the truck and ask for my package with no problem! so, I got my camera BEFORE moving to AZ :) hip, hip, horray!

2 comments:

Just Diane said...

YES! Boys are the reason moms are crazy!! lol. They always come up with the best ideas that have the best "make mom a complete wreck" outcome. I have spent far more time in the emergency room with my boys than I ever have my girls. Girls just make us crazy for other reasons!

How much are you looking for on that camera?

Jenniffer said...

I have the camera listed on Craigslist - LOTS of scammers commenting on it right now - it's driving me crazy! The link is http://panamacity.craigslist.org/pho/1709995085.html