Tuesday, June 20, 2006

strep throat - are you serious??

So, its been just over a week since Jim's left for Vegas and I start to feel this lump on the right side of my throat. I just pass it off as a sore throat, no biggie...... Well, come Sunday I am really feeling awful! When I fall asleep in the recliner while the kids are running the house ragged, you know something is really wrong! : ) Later, Sunday night my temp raises from 99 to 100, to 101.... I honestly can't remember the last time I had a temp over 99. Monday morning I woke up to a 102 degree temp, a throat so swollen I can't swallow my own spit (gross, I know), and my body covered in goose bumps and sweat. I thought I was going to die.... I had to call my GREAT friend Susie to come pick up my kids because I couldn't take care of them! I felt so helpless. I went into the hospital and got a throat culture.....then I found out today that, sure enough, I have strep. So I went in today to get my antibiotics....two healthy shots of penicillian in the butt! Can you say, "Ouch, I want my mommy?" Those are the worst shots to get EVER!

The last time Jim was gone TDY I lost my voice (literally...lost ALL of my voice) for 5 of the 7 days he was gone.........

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all " )

1 comments:

Bradi said...

Oh girlie!
I hope you feel better soon. I'm saying a little prayer for you now.
B