Tuesday, December 19, 2006

a Christmas Quiz

Merry Christmas!

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Neither for me - although if I had to choose one I would go with Hot Chocolate after an evening of sledding

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa wraps them AND places them under the tree...what a silly question! " )


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love the simplistic look of white lights wrapped around the entire roof of the house....BUT this year we did colored lights. I am not quite as happy with the colored lights as I am with the white lights. But the house still looks great " ) Oh, and our Christmas tree is pre-lit - white.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No...and I can remember that we ALWAYS had mistletoe hung in our house growing up.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Jim says I am not allowed until the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving; but this year I cheated a little and began putting them up the week OF Thanksging.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I can't really say that I have a favorite dish...I love any get together that is potluck style.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child- Waking up at 3AM every Christmas and walking out into the living room to see all of the gifts that Santa has left me. The anticipation of Christmas was the best as a child. I'm not so anxious about it anymore " ) hmmm....I wonder why.....

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think after I figured out where my mom was hiding all of my presents....not sure the age though

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The tradition on my mom's side of the family includes getting together with our aunts and uncles and cousins, we draw names from the previous year to determine who buys for who the following year. This is the one present that I open on Christmas Eve....but I haven't done that in eight years or more. So, I guess I can simplify this answer to "no", huh? " )

10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love the first snowfall - I actually miss during this time of year (don't tell anyone I said that). lol I don't miss snow after Christmas and I will agree with Bradi, after Christmas, we could have summer as far as I am concerned!

11. Can you ice skate? LMAO <----- something everyone would do if they saw me on ice skates!

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Maybe it's because Tyler is getting one of these for Christmas, but I remember getting a camera for Christmas one year and thought it was the best! I would pose my stuffed animals and my Cabbage Patch Doll (another fav) and take pictures of them. The funny thing is this is exactly what Tyler has been doing lately (taking pictures of his toys). I wonder where he gets it from........

13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Although the meaning of Christmas is very real and important, I think that spending time with loved ones is what is most important for me.

14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Just about any homemade Christmas goodies

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love baking cookies and treats right before Christmas

16. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We took a new spin on that this year....we let the kids take over....so, pre-lit tree and various different ornaments all over (mostly up to your chest since the kids can't reach that high " )

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful white star - this is a must for me since we always had a star on top of our tree when I was little

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? GIVING most definately!! I love that feeling of making someone else happy " )

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love lots of them, old and new. I don't have a favorite, really.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Fruity candy canes....YUM. Peppermint candy canes....YUCK!

0 comments: