- The answers to this are Jayce and his Head -
Here is the pore-staples picture of Jayce's gouge ~
So, how did this happen? Well, I asked the same question when we got the phone call from the school telling Jim and I that Jayce had fallen on the bus and hurt his head. Thankfully I received the call when I was only 30 minutes away from home versus the 45 minutes from home I typically am when I am at work. Any ways...as I walk into the office of the school to pick up my head-injury-prone injured son up, I see Jayce sitting patiently with this look of "I wany my mommy" on his face. I was not welcomed with crying, tears, or anything suggesting that Jayce had been hurt... but boy, the look on his face was priceless. So as I hurried around the table to see what happened I looked at the back of his head to see blood and a big gap between where his skin SHOULD be attached together. My stomach immediately began to turn. I knew right away that we would need to take a trip to the ER......... Ok..I'm getting off track, I know.... so this is what I was told:
I was sitting on the bus looking through my poster (Jayce "shows" me as he pretends to look out of this poster like a telescope) and the bus driver stopped the bus really quick, and then I fell off of my seat and hit my head.
Ok, so if you are anything like me (and you are the parent of a boy) you will understand it when I say that I had to question whether or not he was actually sitting down on the bus. Here is my son, bleeding from the head and obviously injured, and I am questioning his story in front of the school's office staff. OMG...sometimes I wonder about myself, too...... Any ways, the bottom line is that Jayce's story was, in fact, true. It was just a freak accident that my son (the head-injury-prone one) fell victim of. Thankfully all was well - no concusions, only a small gouge that was closed by two staples. How Jayce continues to hurt his head is beyond me...but I thank God that nothing serious has ever come of any of his cranium accidents!
And here it is...all cleaned and stapled up!
1 comments:
Oh girlie!
I'm dreading those days to come. Good for you for staying so calm..not sure I would have been. Poor Jayce!
Post a Comment