Tuesday, June 19, 2007

where have you been?

I realized just the other day that it's been over a month since my last post! Where does the time go?

For starters, I have to admit that I have a new addiction....it's called fanartreview.com (and I have no idea what happened to the html link that I used to be able to put on here). As I have mentioned in the past, I have fallen in love with my new camera and I have been taking pictures like a crazy woman! I have been playing with the photo manipulation that my current photo program offers (although I SO want Photoshop!!). I never realized the time it took for photographers to get the "perfect" shot, or to even create that perfect shot after the fact. I am going to try to get better at keep you all up to date on here from now on. For now, here's a little synopsis of what's been going on lately....

I finished up my last course and have decided to take a (well deserved) 6 month break from school. I have been getting so burned out with school and it finally occured to me that I was putting my family LAST - which is a big no-no for any parent, in my opinion. It feels great not to have the pressure of going home and getting online to see what new homework I have to do for the night.

My sister is in town!! If I had a picture with me now, I'd post it, but since I don't you'll just have to take my word for it....Julia is my 17 year old beautiful sister. For those who know me, you will know that I never lived with Julia and haven't spent too much quality time with her. But I have to tell you....we are definately sisters! Having her here with me is so great! Dispite the age difference, we are having such a great time enjoying each other's company (not to mention she's a photo finatic as well!).

Jim is recovering from a laproscopic surgery to repair an inguinal hernia. He had outpatient surgery yesterday morning at Eglin Air Force Base (which is 2 hours away....sometimes the Air Force makes me so mad, but that's another story). Jim is doing fine and he seems to be recovering well. He won't take pain meds, though. I personally think it's a man thing. :) He will be back to work next week.

WE ARE MOVING!! We were finally offered a four bedroom home here on base. It's in a neighborhood that actually looks like a neighborhood! I'm so excited. I feel comfortable letting the kids ride their bikes around the neighborhood over there - where we are at now I am very nervous about letting them out of my sight. Our current neighborhood has too much traffic and is just plain untrustworthy (I'm probably being too protective, but such is a mother, right?). We will be moving in during the week of July 4th. I will post some pictures when we get settled in.

My sister-in-law and niece are coming down! Sadly I will have to say goodbye to my sister Julia on Friday; but the upside to that is that I will be picking up my sister-in-law, Kris, and niece, Kammie, the same day, from the same airport. Ironic, huh? (ok, so I planned it like that :). Kris and Kammie will be staying with us for seven weeks! Whoo Hoo!! I told Kris, if she would come down for the summer and watch the kids, I would fly her down and take care of her while she's here -- it's a win-win situation if you ask me :)

I think that about covers the jist of my life lately....I promise to be better at blogging. I know lots of you look forward to the pics and stories - now, if I could just get you to COMMENT on them!! :) You know who you are...dad, carol, cora.... :) I love you guys anyways!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! It's been awhile since I visited your page, I hadn't realized you had a hysterectomy. I'm glad you're healing well and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Tyler and Jayce are as adorable as ever and I LOVE the pic of you guys at the beach. Keep up with your photography. I look forward to seeing more. Take care!! We miss you guys!
Jinnie