Okay, it's taken me quite some time, but I have finally created a space in my Florida room that I actually enjoy being in! I really enjoy this space much more than the plain concrete floor, peppered with dead bugs in every square foot of the area; plain white walls, plain screened windows, and broken screen door.
Since we are on a budget, we had to scrape for some things and be creative with others. For instance, the "grass" floor came from the large piece we purchased along with our huge water slide (which, by the way, has broken -- we were reimbursed 100% though!!). Okay, back on track.....so the flooring had actually been laying on the sandy ground all summer long....shhhh, don't tell anyone! A trip to Target and we are sporting some live greenery and sheers for the windows! It's crazy what some live plants will do to a space! And the sheers, well, I stole that idea from others in the neighborhood who have the same "look" going on. My sister-in-law let me in on the (cheap) sheer tip. And the chairs and tables came courtesy of the BX end-of-summer clearance sale! Whoo hoo!
1 comments:
You go girl and your HGTV self! Looks great and cozy!!
Post a Comment