About five months ago, Jim and I decided to volunteer for a new rescue center in Panama City, the Animal Rescue Center of Bay County. We are all animal lovers in this house, but when you hear just how many animals are euthanized each month in Panama City, it makes your heart sink. Well, one night while we were visiting the monthly Friday Fest downtown, we came across this booth, occupied by a cute little dog in a kennel. Of course we all had to stop and say hello. It was then that we learned about the ARC. It was quite an hour later that Jim and I decided that we would like to foster dogs.
So far we have fostered two dogs. Our first dog, Jack, was in our home for just over a month before he was adopted out. Jack was a scruffy dog, and fairly big compared to our other two dogs. We decided that after Jack we would only foster small dogs - smaller than Sadie if at all possible.
Saturday, September 01, 2007
oscar meyer weiner
After our summer visits were over, I drove to the Bay County Animal Control Shelter with the founders of the ARC; I was going to pick out our next foster dog.
Here he is..........Oscar, our very own little weiner dog :) When we saw him at the shelter, behind bars, he was covered in huge fleas, he had a gash on the back of his neck, and he had skin irritations from mites. This guy was picked up as a stray and we think he had been a stray for quite some time because of his condition.
Oscar went to the vet the day after we decided to foster him; he got nuetered and was ready to come home with us just two days after laying eyes on him (record time for such circumstances!).
I'm sorry to say that I hope Oscar finds a home soon because I am falling in love with him! He is just so sweet.....
Posted by Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment