Tuesday, February 12, 2008

advice needed

Choice #1:
work 30 hours/week
school full-time
Editor of Ebb & Flow Newsletter
Event/Fundraiser Committee Member for Animal Rescue Center of Bay County
Passion Parties
no time for family

Choice #2:
work 30 hours/week
Editor of Ebb & Flow Newsletter
Event/Fundraiser Committee Member for Animal Rescue Center of Bay County
Passion Parties
more time for family

Choice #3:
work 30 hours/week
most time with family, no difference in pay

Choice #4:
work 40 hours/week
little less time with family, double my income

Choices 3 & 4 are clearly the best, right? Choice 4 would mean more opportunity for family vacations (we'll have the money) but the kids will be in after school care for approximately 2 hours per day.

Choice 3 means I stay in the job I am currently in (which I love).

Choice 4 means I get promoted in the HR field, which is why I was going to school, continue working for the same man (who is the best boss EVER), and it means that I would double my income.

What to do????

Family is so important to me, and on one hand I think how much more we can do as a family if I go full time, while the other half of me says that the kids don't appreciate what they get any how. So is it selfish of me to go for the full time position (practically dream job)??

HELP!

0 comments: