The chronological order of these next couple blogs will be nil....long story short: I took ALL of my pics off of the harddrive and put them onto an external drive (hurricane preparedness, but also to make space for PHOTOSHOP!). I just uploaded these pics from my camera...so enjoy these first! ;)
MY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.....
Consisted of:
- pub crawling (sort of) - pics to follow
- family time in Michigan - pics to follow
- a plane ride back to Florida - no pics of this, sorry!
- Nyquil taken in the a.m.
- a day on the beach - see below!
- a day in the storm on the beach
- a taste of freedom
- a shark hold
- redneck kneeboarding
- sinus infection
- double ear infection
......and THAT is pretty much a good idea of the order of how things went :)
We still have no name for her...I call her "The Toon" - others call her the party barge
We spent our day with Justin & Cindy, the Yangsons, the Kings, Sara & Dangle (the redneck kneeboarder), The Shelts, and TONS of kids..........we have to thank Dangle for bringing the awesome party float! I have to find one of my own now!
Ok, so I wasn't feeling very well ever since leaving Michigan Saturday afternoon. My ears would not "pop" on the plane, my sinuses were giving me horrible headaches, not to mention the pressure alone. So, prior to our 0930 departure on "The Toon," Jim tells me to take some Dayquil - good idea! What color is Dayquil? Orange or green? Guess what color I took?? Yeah.... so I'm feeling like "get me to the beach so I can fall asleep in the sun." And I did this - for about 10 minutes. The sleepiness effect must have worn off pretty quickly, leaving me with a really good drunk feeling......my day was getting better by the minute ;)
The kids on the party float.....we let them play first.....
OH THE SWEET TASTE OF FREEDOM!!
A hundred or more yards away from the shore and Susie and I are thinking this is GREAT! No kids, no husbands, no nothing! FREEDOM!!
I have to admit, it did get a little frightening after going so far away - especially after seeing the sting rays jumping out of the water twice. I really didn't want one of those things in the party float!
Bruce and Dangle deserved some cheers after hauling us girls back to shore.....
SHARK!!
Yes, I was inspecting it prior to letting it go. It wasn't nearly as squirmy as the shark I caught (mine was bigger ;)
Addison took her "babing" suit off only after a couple hours....
Father & Son
0 comments:
Post a Comment