Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July in the Bay

A day in Bay:

  • Up at 7:30 a.m.
  • Pack the boat
  • Bruce and Jim move the vehicles to a strategic spot so we can drop Susie off by 4:00 p.m. for work
  • Wait for the rest of the Kings to arrive (8:58 a.m. arrival and Susie says, "I told you I'd be here before 9:00 a.m.!" lol)
  • Try to leave once...Daisy runs outside of the fence into the front yard - we have to rig the fence so she stays put
  • Try to leave twice....I forgot my id
  • Try to leave a third time....SUCCESS
  • Get to the marina, unload and head out by 10:15 p.m. (ish)
  • Arrive at one of our favorite spots by 10:45 a.m.
  • Party!






Jayce and Addison are in the party float...Kammie tries to pull herself in















Kammie and Kris.....or should I say mini-Kris?








Jim and Bruce, the happy couple


Jim and I, the married couple








Who's giving us bunny ears? Pretty good self portrait!






Candace and I















Party float and Will and Jean's boat





Getting ready to go see fireworks.....we are all getting the chills from too much sun and the LACKTHEREOF now that the sun has set

















What happens next:
  • I get annoyed b/c the boat is a mess - it has been 9 hours out on the boat/water
  • Kids pic up boat, much to their dismay
  • Find out Will has passed out and Jean has to dock their pontoon and pull it out of the water
  • Head to the marina - fireworks have not yet started
  • Decided to heck with watching the fireworks, we saw them last night...we are all tired and sunburned (the big dummies we are)
  • Kris gets a little sick, we think sun poisoning
  • A series of events that lead to us KNOWING Kris has either sun poisoning or heat exhuastion - we wonder if stitches are needed to fix the gash on her forehead (part of the series of events)
  • We make it home...shower the crying, sunburned children, kiss them and say good night

All in all, the first 9 hours were FABULOUS! I've never spent that much time in the water since we've been here. I'm a bit sore today from all of the swimming I did yesterday. The last two hours of the day were two hours I could have lived without. But dog-gone-it, this is one 4th of July that will go down in Eckert History!!

0 comments: