Monday, July 21, 2008

pics of our summer fun

A bit out of order, but you'll get the jist........

















Jayce dries off, ready for more sunblock













My 6th catfish of the day (that was ALL that was biting!)




Black Tipped Shark......



We saw him swimming frequently into the shallow water as we were fishing. This was a bit scary b/c we would walk out waste deep when we would cast out, and we were right where this guy was swimming. At one point, when I wasn't sure what kind of fish it was that was swimming around, he swam towards me and I kicked my leg at him to get him to swim away - then our friend tells me that "it's a shark." As I was reeling my hook back in I saw the shark and reeled slowly right next to him...next thing I know he BITES and starts flailing in the water - as soon as I reeled him (a whole 6 feet) onto shore, the line breaks! Thank goodness Justin was fast enough to grab him before he made his way back into the water. SO COOL!!













This is the first black tipped

shark we've caught - the other sharks we normally get are sand sharks.



When the kids get hold of the camera.........











Jim and Kris.......and Kammie with her catfish
















You don't want to touch saltwater catfish...apparently they exert some sort of grossness from their skin.....that's all I needed to hear....no touching for me!











Some of our baitfish that didn't make it. We saw lots of dolphin (turned out to be large tarpon) and I thought I'd try to feed them - the dolphin. Didn't work so well.








Tyler's self portrait




Cindy and I enjoy the party float in waters deep enough that the kids can't get us! It's a little bit of heaven.


Addison lost her tooth!! She was eating pringles at the shorline and the next thing I know she's yelling at me & telling me that her tooth fell out. When I asked where it was, she just had this look on her face that was so disappointing - it fell INTO the water! So we all got on our hands and knees in the water and searched for her tooth until (5 minutes or so later) Addison says, "it's okay mom, I don't need my tooth." That was so sweet of her, but I'm thinking that we HAVE to find the tooth! So I keep looking....Tyler helps sift through the wet, water covered sand (as the waves slowly crash against the shore). Then Tyler tells me that "we could just put some money under her pillow, mom." AWE! He's a good big brother.....at times :) After we gave up, Kris says (as if nothing ever happened, or no time has passed) "here it is." HA! She found the tooth! I have no clue how, with the tiny shells amongst the tooth.....









View from the boat.......



















Ok, this was flippin cute! The kids were so hot and b/c we couldn't take them to the pool they decided to have fun with the firehose. Notice how they didn't want to get wet, though.........lol













Payten, Wes, Kammie, Addison, and Tyler



































0 comments: