So we don't have the joy of seeing the leaves change beautiful colors, but we still have - albeit later - the dreaded weather changes that brings on illnesses galore.
Jayce was sick with a headache and fever Sunday...I was sure that I would have gotten a call from the school yesterday after I pushed Jayce out the door to school (I can't afford to take any more time off from work......). Luckily I escaped the day without a call from school; but he still complained of a headache when he got home yesterday. My fingers are crossed that he is fighting this "thing" well on his own.
At 12:48 am (oh yes, I remember the time) I hear a girly "Daa'aad!" yelling from down the hall. Jim gets up (b/c I'm still comatose and half in and out of it) and then Jim comes back into the bedroom to tell me - in an annoyed voice - "she threw up." So I get up and help the crying Addison wipe off the puke from her legs, wipe her mouth, and then get her a sore throat 'candy' while dad is taking care of the stinky bedding (I did get the better end of the deal, I have to admit). After all of this we get the sick lil Adders on the couch to sleep out the rest of her night....and of course, with the puke bowl laying next to her. Then it's back to bed where I ask Jim who's taking off from work tomorrow. No answer. So back to sleep I go.......
I awake this morning to Jim telling me that he has to go to work in the am, so he'll go to work until about 11am, then we get to tag out and I'll take my turn to get back to work...for all of three or four hours.
Did I mention Addison is bouncing off the walls now? No fever....but still as sore throat. My guess is that I will be taking her in for a throat culture at some point this week if the sore throat persists...... Oh the joys of parenthood. If only it were all sunshine and roses...........HA!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
sore throats, headaches, vomitting & fevers
Posted by Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Girl I am WITH YOU! Although I don't have a "paying" day-job so guess who gets both the day and evening work around here when the kids (and I) are sick and guess who had the audacity to lay in bed ALL DAY with the flu yesterday even though i was puking only 12short hours prior??!! (okay I vented a little bit, whew, sorry, thanks though!)
Hope you are all on the mend and FAST!!
Post a Comment