....pictures to follow.....our pc "caught" a virus and since that's where my pics are, I can't post them now.... :(
My trip to Monticello, Florida, was fantastic!! Although I had no "experiences" myself, it was truly a girls weekend getaway.
My Saturday started out early, much earlier than I had wanted it to (I like to sleep in, what can I say :) My friend, Deanna, and I left her house at 9:00am in her convertable - with the top down. The drive alone was relaxing and invigorating at the same time :) Any how, we got about 15 miles from her house when I commented on stopping at the animal shelter to check out the dogs. (Check in wasn't until 3pm and we both knew we were going to make a leisure trip up to Monticello). Well, two and a half hours later, we both left empty-handed out of the animal shelter. lol But we did get to see lots of cute dogs and one very hurt dog. I really wish I had acres of land to take all of those dogs home to....
So, we leave the animal shelter and continue North -- as we get into Monticello, we find ourselves lost in this small town. We had to stop and ask for directions from some locals. But we finally managed to get to the bed and breakfast. It was a beautiful sight with the sun blazing down onto the property.
We met seven others at the bed and breakfast. Apparently I was the head honcho on the trip b/c they wouldn't let any of the others check in until I got there (yes, Deanna and I were the LAST ones to arrive...tsk tsk, right?) The inside of this old Victorian style home was amazing! I'll expand on the details of the home when I am able to post pictures, otherwise it won't make much sense.
So...we all ran around this house like little kids, checking out all of the little nooks and corners. And everyone had their cameras close at hand, snapping various pictures. Next thing we knew, it was time for dinner. We had our dinner at Jakes - a local restaraunt with plenty of local charm. After dinner we had to rush back to the bed and breakfast to get ready for the big "ghost tour". To our surprise, a group from FSU arrived with the Big Bend Ghost Trackers; they were going to tape the tour! It was so exciting already, and then to know that we were going to be on t.v.....ha! Well, we don't even know when/where the event would air.....but it was just fun knowing we were going to be on t.v. lol
Our ghost tour took about 90 minutes. We saw lots of the old town and heard many stories of death and life. But still, no one had any experiences.....when we got back to the bed and breakfast we built a fire outside and had a few drinks. It was just so much fun to hang out with the girls, have a few drinks, lots of laughs, and snapping pics of orbs all around us. I didn't go to bed until 6:30am - I was up at 9:30am. I was tired! But it was all worth it.
We spent the next afternoon at the cemetary where we heard a story about a little girl who was buried there. I have some pics to post of this little one's gravesite....and something showed up on the picture...twice.
Thanks to Patty, Amber, Lori, Kat, Deanna, Carla, Wendy, and Christina for such a great weekend!!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
pics coming soon....
Posted by Photos by: Jenniffer Eckert at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment